Friday, April 10, 2009

Weird Dream

I very seldom remember my dreams and wish that sometimes I would just keep a pad of paper and pen handy to record some of them. However, this morning it is different. I decided to come and post it quickly before I forgot it. Now this dream isn't extraordinary but remembering it is!! I'm still pretty young but at times I've sure got that old-timers things going on and I forget a lot. Watch out children you may have to start taking care of me in a few years. HA HA

I am at a security checkpoint, the kind that you would find at an airport. I am going through this check point hoping to meet up with my family and friends who are waiting nearby at the Chuck-a-rama. (I worked there for 2 and one half years while in high school) I go down the escalator and through the check point, take off my shoes that have a teal stripe in them and go through the x-ray machine. Upon my exit I go to find my shoes and discover that they are not there. I am then sent to the "pile" to look through. This is the place where people leave their belongings behind. In my mind I'm thinking who would leave their stuff behind at a security check point? Strange. I look around to discover baby clothes, shoes, blankets and other items.
No shoes. I ask someone for help and I'm directed upstairs to where they take the leftovers and sort through them. Upon my arrival at this point I find that everything is neatly stacked and now all the shoes are paired up and in boxes, the clothes have all been folded. I look and look and cannot find my shoes. I'm told that I will not leave without shoes. That's real assuring to know that I can pick someone else's shoes. Where are my shoes? I search and search. About this time I am half awake and half sleeping and I'm cannot even remember what shoes I had on. I had looked at so many of them I was really losing my mind. Were they my old camping tennis shoes? Or were they my teal pearl izumi shoes that squeak when I walk. I determined they were not there so I kept going down the escalator looking and up to the other area and look. I repeated this cycle several times. Yeah it's like one of the those dreams that you keep going in circles or running and can never catch up to your destination. Finally I was allowed into another area.....this time it was the area where the employees stash the good stuff that has been left behind. I asked a lady if they were going to donate this to charity or just claim it for themselves? I was told that I was rude. The ladies all had black wigs on and looked alike in this area. Why? I don't know, they reminded me of Diana Ross and Supremes. I was finally given a pair of shoes. They didn't match of course. I had one white thin looking type of my left foot and then on my right foot I was wearing a gold adidas shoe. They were too small and at that point I heard my cell phone beep and that was what woke me up. Weird

Conclusion:
I don't really care about shoes and maybe I should purchase some new casual shoes for work.
I went to a baby shower last night and there were lots of clothes and blankets.
I can never catch up with my mind.

1 comment:

Kent and Wendy said...

Dreams can be pretty weird that's for sure.
Glad to hear from you again.