Monday, May 11, 2009

Thanks

Thanks to my husband and children for their love and support this mother's day. I am blessed to be surrounded by Loving and patient family members. It was so sweet to have teenagers clean the kitchen before and after dinner. I enjoyed the neck massage and brushing of hair by a teenager boy while we watched bride wars and bedtime stories. I appreciated the homemade card and special 'licorice' treat, the spa kit, flowers which the boys picked out all by themselves.
I appreciated my husband for helping to bring it all together and for spending time as a family today. I also enjoyed being able to take a nap. I am mindful of the influence of all the wonderful mothers and mom's in my life. It was great to be able to talk with Grandma O. Thanks to each of my children and husband who also spoke to her. I miss Nila and thought of her today. I am so thankful that she raised such a wonderful son and that he still carries on some of her qualities. (Like finding the Easter candy yesterday that he had bought months ago.) May all mothers and birth mothers and those who nurture children to be their best enjoy this day and everyday of the year.

No comments: