my nephew created this beautiful charm bracelet for me as part of a craft blog. On the bracelet you will find charms that represent things that I love: 4 wheeling, crayons that relate to my job as a teacher assistant, arrowhead - to remind me of all the times we went arrowhead hunting as a child, 5 for how many children I have, a heart to represent love for family and others, flip flop for my love of summer, my initial C and a sewing machine because sewing is one of my favorite hobbies.
During our craft fest last night I decided that I would add some more to the bracelet. Natalie was our jewelry expert and taught us the basics of making earrings and bracelets. She was multi tasking between teacher and card maker. She kept the cricut machine busy. During all of the hustle and bustle her wedding ring became lost. I hope that on her blog she will tell you the whole story of her ring. After last night she has another chapter to add to the saga of the ring.
Nat asked Josh to take a look at her car. I guess her finger was swollen so she took off her ring and attached it to her car keys. Josh did as he was asked and took the keys and checked out her car. I had no idea what was going on as we were all so busy crafting and talking. I guess either on Natalies way home or when she got home she let me know that her ring was missing. I was confused on whether she had taken it off before she gave the keys to Josh or after. Anyhow, Blake and I went looking for the ring by flashlight at 12 thirty in the morning. I did not know where Josh had gone. I knew that he may have crossed the street and had been at the neighbors. Blake and I searched the driveway, grass in our yard, the road and I went over to the neighbors and snooped around their yard while they were asleep. No luck. We searched the house, moved furniture, swept the floor, text our friends to check their craft stashes etc. Still no ring. I really felt for Nat. She was a trooper and tried so hard to not let her emotions get to her. After all she said it was only an earthy possession. This afternoon I was outside checking on our dog, Limi. My neighbor was outside and I thought jokingly that i would just ask him if he had found a wedding ring on his lawn. (I really believed that it was inside our house or with Nat's stuff) To my surprise he said yes! I was stunned and thought he was just pulling my leg but then he reached into his pocket and produced Natalie's ring. I was stunned. His son was cleaning up the lawn in preparation for it to be mowed and noticed something shiny in the grass. He picked it up and knew it was a wedding ring and gave it to his dad. They thought it might be a relative's ring but they were not sure. Mark was getting ready to put out a sign that said: Found==wedding ring. I thanked them and expressed to little Ethan that sometimes Heavenly Father uses other people to answer our prayers. It really was a small miracle for an earthly possession. However, I knew this ring meant alot to my daughter and that she had been praying for it's return. I am truly grateful for this answer to prayer today.
4 comments:
Wow - cool story!
I'm ready for a Carlson reunion at Bear Lake!
I am really grateful that Heavenly Father answered my prayer too. :)
that is incredible!
I am just glad that it was found!
Post a Comment