Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Navy
I'm at another crossroad in life. This coming weekend, Sunday to be exact, the Navy recruiters will come at 5:00 and pick Blake up to head out for boot camp. My feelings are way different today then they were when he left for the MTC. I'm very grateful that he has desires to serve his country as that is what my father, father-in-law and brothers have done. It is wonderful to live in America. I'm very thankful for the sacrifices of many men and women who have, are, or will be serving in the Armed Forces. But now it is my own child and my emotions are very mixed. I will be honest and say that he and I are not on the best of terms as we could be. We don't see eye to eye on many issues. I'm not patient with him as I should be. I've been hurt and disappointed with some of his choices and mine as well. I can't change the past. I can't live his life. I don't know what to expect or feel at this point. I know the family will support him. I hope that his choice to join the Navy becomes a good experience for him and that he will find what he is looking for out of life. I hope and pray for his safety, that he will find peace, and most important I hope he will fully comprehend the higher power that governs all of us and will turn to him. Much love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm grateful for your love and support of Blake, even when you don't see eye to eye on many issues. I'm grateful for my parents and the love and support they give me even when my life has not gone the direction they were always hoping. If Blake is happy with the decisions he has made and is happy going forward in this new direction in life, I'm glad you are there to support him all the way. The love of a parent is so important. Thanks for being a surrogate parent for me in the North!
Post a Comment