Friday, February 3, 2012

Guess what I've been doing?

Cricut fun with Claudia today.  Creating together was so much fun.  About three weeks ago I made the love frame in one evening.  I challenged myself to only use items that I could find around the house.  I painted an old wood frame with leftover paint.  I used the polka dot fabric from my fabric pile. The heart was made from some felt that I had stashed away from some old primary project years ago.  I found the metal saying in my scrapbook supplies. The heart has a unique shape and may not be symmetrical but I like the look.
 I had cut some hearts out (from the same primary project years ago) added some stuffing and sewed a decorative edge around them.  I didn't have any fabric that I liked and so I decided to just used one inch felt strips.  It's fun and whimsical. 

 I used part of my gift card from the family to purchase this kit from Thimbles and Threads.  I have a few favorite quilt shops that I frequent for ideas.  I made this heart banner in one afternoon.  I am looking forward to making another one for fall. 
Words letters that Kenzie gave me last year in February and I just finished them in January.
With two granddaughters being born this year I am going to be one busy grandma!!

No comments: