Monday, June 4, 2012

Blessed

Fred and I are very blessed as parents.  Challenges come and go, we face them and try and move onward.  Yesterday, Sunday June 2 our 1st granddaughter H. Bug was blessed by her father, Josh.  May I just say that it was so sweet.  Afterwards I leaned over to Fred and whispered..PAYDAY.  Words cannot describe this happiness we felt at that moment.  When I have pictures I will post.

Thanks for the family/friend support for Kallee and Baby Kollyns.  The baby shower was great and Natalie's home was the perfect setting for everyone to come.  We look forward to many more get togethers there...if she will have us.   And may I add...she makes the best treats:)

Kenzie's best (boy) friend and Missionary left for his mission on Wednesday.  It has been very tearful around here.  Her heart longs for his presence but her mind and spirit know he is where he should be.  It might be apparent that she thinks  he should walk through the door any minute but deep within she is very proud of the fact that he chose to serve our Savior.  Fred, myself and Kenzie have talked quite a bit about missionary service.  He will be blessed in many ways.  He will be in the Arizona Tucson Mission.  His name is Elder Justin Bouwhuis.."Bow"...like the dog bow, wow + wh + iss (like in miss)
He was a young man in Spencer Nordfelts' ward here in Layton.  He loved Spencer, Joy and their family.  Elder Bouwhuis and Kenzie were able to visit Spencer in April.  They had a wonderful time in California.   It will be another adventure to report about.

Peace out...as Fred would say.
Char

No comments: