Friday, January 1, 2010

A great start for the New Year

Happy New Year. This morning started off with K&M fixing me breakfast in bed. I was served omelets and hashbrowns. Mr. M has really perfected his skills from his cooking classes along with the help of Little MK it was a great meal. When the kids are home we celebrate last night we didn't do much at all. Fred fell asleep watching sports and I watched a movie with K&M. After midnight Josh and I squirted silly string at each other and his fiance, Caraline. The funny part about all of that was I was aiming at her and actually shot my string in the hallway. I think it helps to make sure you have your can aimed properly.

Our missionary writes that the MTC is great. He plans, plans, plans and then it is work, work and work and the cycle repeats itself the next day. He reports that it is hard work and thinks he will manage the language. He has a tutor to help him and he thinks that is working better. With the Lord's help and his determination and support of family and prayer he will be able to do what he needs to do. We already feel through his letters that he is growing. He says he can't wait to get to Ecuador to start his "mission" and teach the people. We are very grateful for our special son!!!

It's going to be an eventful year for our family. Stay posted to our blog and read as it unfolds....til the next post. Love to you all.

2 comments:

pam said...

Thanks for posting the pictures, the info and everything. It's great to hear how you're all doing.

Love you!

Dixie Packer said...

it's great to hear how blake is doing. great picture of him. and i love the picture of your family just before he left.