Thursday, October 14, 2010

sailor blake

Yesterday afternoon I happened to be the only one home and the phone rang.  A familiar voice sounded on the other end.   It was Blake.  He hasn't been able to call since he left in August.  He sounded good and he says he is doing well.  He passed all his tests and will graduate on the 15th.  He is no longer considered a recruit, he is a sailor.  Boot Camp has not been an easy road for him but he has managed it alright. He used so many acronyms that I really wasn't sure all that was said.  He inquired about the family and then wanted to make sure that I send him his phone next week.  He will be staying at Great Lakes for A school.  We could see him around Christmas or in March.  It will all depend on how things progress for him there.   Military pictures will arrive soon along with a DVD of his graduation.  I'll share them when they get here.  

1 comment:

Dixie Packer said...

so good to hear that he is doing well. :)