Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We are super excited that most of our children are currently residing in the same county as we are!  A friend reminded me that it was a real blessing to have family close by.  I have always been around family.  I grew up living next door to my grandparents.  I enjoyed the frequent cookie and treat runs to grandma's house.  Her tidy kitchen often smelled of home-baked yummies just waiting to be devoured.  I loved being able to go over and eat freshly made donuts or devour a creamy cold vanilla malt shake.  My mouth still waters thinking about it all.    Nat and Clint purchased a home in East Layton.  They have received a warm welcome to their "empty nester" ward.  Who wouldn't love a fun and energetic young couple to spice things up a bit?  They are excited for this new opportunity and though sad to leave dear friends behind in Ogden they do not miss noise or wild neighbors in the area.  Kallee is as busy as any beehive in YW and Duncan is working 65 + hours during tax season.  They are excited for new carpet, spring and a baby girl in July.  I was delighted that Kallee invited me to go with her to her doctor's appointment.  It was fun to watch her baby move all around and to listen to her heartbeat.  Josh and Caraline will soon welcome their baby in April.  They live across the street and have settled in to their home and new ward.   I think our lives are going to get very busy again!!  It will be a welcome blessing in our lives. 

No comments: