I believe and have a strong testimony in prayer. Recently a family member had lost her wedding ring. She and her husband had been to Target and walked around the store and through the parking lot. When she came home she noticed that her ring was missing. She had called the store and they told her she would have to keep calling back to see if someone had turned it in. They would not go look for it. She indicated that she prayed and fasted to find her ring. The next morning they went looking and found the ring, out in the open, on the ground. Do I think Heavenly Father had a part in this? Yes I do. I believe with all my heart that he is aware of the very details of our lives. He chooses what prayers to answer or gives us the inspiration to find what we want or need. A comment was made by another person that they highly doubted that God had anything to do with it. He is too busy taking care of bigger things. I disagree. He gives to each of us those things that matter. If our children come to us and they are upset at losing a stuffed animal, do we as parents do all that we can to help them find it? We may search, look everywhere with no luck. However, we can teach them to say a prayer. Heavenly Father even helps little children find stuffed animals. He teaches them through their experience that no matter how trivial, they can turn to a higher power and he will be there to answer their prayers. They learn to exercise faith in him, they are blessed and when more troubling times come further down the road of life, they can rely on what they learned and felt before and use it to help them in whatever problem they might face.
I realize that some prayers are not answered in the way we want, but I have faith and know that Heavenly Father answers all of our prayers at the right time, for the right reason and when it is for our best good. I believe this, I know this to be true. He is a father who loves all of his children. I love him and I am eternally grateful for my own personal experiences that I have with the power in prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment