Saturday, March 29, 2008

Antelope Island











Today is actually a snowy day in our town and I'm longing for some warmer weather. As I was looking through some photos I came across these pictures from a family outing last summer. The pictures brought back great memories of that day. We decided as a family to bike, walk or run across the causeway to Antelope Island and back. The distance is 7 miles one way. older K. decided she would run with K coming from behind on a bicycle as her support. B and Clint emerged as the front runners (bikers) and sped forward and away from the group. Fred, Char and Natalie were not far behind. Eventually Fred and Nat were in their own world talking and biking away. JC was working at Les Schwab. The wind was not terrible and the smell not so bad either. If you haven't been to the Island you have no idea what I'm talking about. For about the first two miles you are subjected to what the locals call "that stinkin smell from the island, yuck!" We completed the run, walk and ride outing with smiles still on our faces and bugs in our teeth. Nature has a way of providing one with needed nutrition when you least expect it. Not very tasty or satisfying.




1 comment:

the mortensen's said...

yay! I Love to see family blogging! This is Wayne and Sherstine Mortensen. We just had Kent and Wendy out for the blessing of our little boy, check out our blog for pictures