Monday, March 17, 2008

Mischievous Children

Today I was reading Icka Toads blog and laughed about Claire's escapade into Mom's scrapbooking stuff. Being a mother and fellow scrapbooker I could relate very well to such a sight. Let me share some similar moments that happened at our home. I cannot recall how many times I caught the girls into mom's makeup. Natalie really had quite the talent at such a small age to apply makeup. She was very careful and made sure that every color was used. I wondered how could you miss your eyes and mouth and get the makeup everywhere else? She could! Later she would become even more adept at covering every inch of her face!! That is caught on tape and worthy of America's home videos. On a different morning the girls had been playing and as is the case with mischievous children the area became quiet. I went searching for my little darlings and found them in the pantry looking like ghosts!! They had discovered the flour! It was so much fun throwing it at each other and covering everything around them in white. This too is recorded for posterity.

In Honor of St. Patrick's Day I must tell about JC . The older cousins may remember what a character JC was as a boy. ( reliable sources(s) tell me JC is a lot like his dad as a boy) JC's favorite color is green and he being who he is snooped into everything!
On one particular day he discovered green food coloring. What fun he had with that one. Maybe he was tired of having light skin and decided a new color would be more to his liking or he was tired of being a little boy and decided being a green leprechaun would be more fitting. Whatever the reason he was covered in it!! It took a bit of washing off and fading before he became normal again.
Mr. B. and JC used to be the same height. (Mr. B is almost 6'2" now) JC being the older brother did not like little brother to be in his room and they got into it. (BOYS!). The next thing mom knows is that there is a 2 1/2 to 3 foot hole in the wall from where Mr. B was pushed a little too hard. Fred was not happy about that and proceeded to let them know that they would be fixing it. I tried to decide later if having them fix the hole was worth it. Fred ended up sanding off a lot of "mud" to make the wall presentable again.

I have some other classics to share and will do so at a later time. Happy St. Patrick's day and may some luck come your way.
Thanks for reading

1 comment:

Natster said...

Mom- I was just trying to be pretty. I thought we discussed this already. :) thanks for the memories. So fun.