Monday, March 10, 2008

Northslopegang

You may wonder where did the name "Northslopegang" come from? The north slope is located in the Uinta Mountains and is a favorite place for our family to be together. We have fond memories of hunting for moose, camping, 4-wheeling and fishing at the north slope. So now you know!

This is a great week for Fred and I. We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on Saturday March 15. (Happy Anniversary to Shawn and Pam too!) We met on the slopes of Snowbird and later reacquainted ourselves during half time at the BYU-SMU game, known as the famous Miracle Bowl for you BYU fans. A little over a year and one half later on November 6, 19-- we became engaged in the Carlson kitchen. Our children joke with their Dad that it was not very romantic. We kept our engagement a secret for one week. Fred wanted to make sure we were doing the right thing. On November 12, 19--, we went to Sierra West Diamonds to pick out a ring. Fred wanted to think about it over lunch so we headed to our favorite restaurant, Brick Oven Pizza. During lunch he asked me if I was sure about getting married. He was so nervous about this new adventure that he nearly backed out of the whole engagement. Luckily I convinced him that I felt it was right and I wanted to get married. After that was settled we picked up our rings and headed to the mall to a photo booth. We took some pictures of ourselves and went back to his house and made up mock wedding announcements. We put the announcements on the porches of our homes, rang the doorbell and waited for our parents to find the envelope. We then went in to our respective homes to celebrate. At my home though I was greeted with tears from my father. He commented that he just got used to me being home again and now I was going to be gone. My dad is real sentimental and I blame my tears on his side of the family!

We have had a share of twists and turns and ups and downs. Through it all we have developed a deep love for one another. We are very much in love!! We look forward to the future.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, help me with the dates...The Holiday Bowl was Dec. 1980. I was on my mission from Feb. '82 to Aug. '83 so you must have gotten engaged in '82, right?

What, Fred not romantic?

BTW...if anyone hasn't seen any highlights of the 1980 Holiday Bowl check it out on YouTube. It was sooooooooooooo amazing.

Happy blog'in

Natster said...

yeah for the parents having a blog!

pam said...

YAY! Happy 25!!!!! We are going to Jackson to celebrate our 5 year! I LOVE that you have a blog! I'm excited to keep up on your family. Love you!!

Birding is Fun! said...

I remember when you guys got married and engaged. March 15th is Wayne's birthday. Wow! Time has just flown by and all of us cousins are getting old and almost all my aunts and uncles are grandparents now. Kerry and Rob are the only ones left and they are less than 5 years away from grandparenthood.