Friday, November 7, 2008
4:40 am wake up call......
The fun never ends at our house and neither do the challenges. For the last two days Josh has been complaining of abdominal pain. We called my brother who is a nurse practitioner and asked a few questions about the symptoms and felt that things were not serious at that point. Yesterday, (Thursday) Josh came to my school about 1:00 and it was obvious that he was in a great deal of pain. He tried to hide it being manly and all. We decided after a call to the doctor to head straight to the hospital and have everything checked out. All symptoms pointed to his appendix. He went through the required testing was just thrilled to drink the nasty "lemonade" and wait for the results. About 5:00 it was confirmed that he had a sore appy and it would need to be removed. Josh went into surgery at 5:45 and was out about 6:15 or so. Recovery went as well as it could. He had the usual nausea and pain associated with this surgery. The nurse joked with us and told us to say to him whatever we wanted to because he wouldn't remember it at all. Kallee was in good form and told him what a scum bag he was and other not so flattering comments.....while the rest of us just laughed. Josh just informed me that he remembered everything she said and now Kallee you owe Josh $5.00 bucks for your comments. He delighted me with a 4:40 am wake up call and asked when I was going to get him out of this place because I'm bored. I knew that he would fully wake up about 4:00 am but I did not expect him to call me so soon. I told him that the doctor would see him in the morning and I would be there. I went back to bed only to receive another call at 7:00 am indicating that the doctor had been in and he could go home any time. When I got to the hospital he was already sitting on the side of his bed acting very anxious to get home. The one good thing that happened with all of this is that I got to drive his car to go and pick him up. He's doing well and hasn't bothered his nurse too much due to the fact that the drugs make him sleepy and he doesn't call me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Good to hear he is doing well and that everything went as smoothly as an appendectomy can. Not so much fun :(
Crazy! Glad Josh is doing all right.
sorry to hear about that. surgery is no fun, but it's good to know that josh is recovering well!
way to recover Josh!
I didn't call him a scum bag, it was "Scum between my toes"...to be exact it's from the little rascals.
As for a destination wedding, what do you think about Thailand? :-)
I'm glad that Josh is doing ok too!
Sorry to hear about Josh, Glad it happened once you were back from Disneyland. Sorry you got the wake up call. But since I know you know wake to phone calls in the early morning can I call you too just to talk while I'm up with the baby? ha ha Just a thought.
Post a Comment