It's a fun reading day for everyone. Today is Theodore Seuss Geisel's birthday aka Dr. Suess.
For some fun activities for kids visit www.seussville.com for some games and story making. Also it is fun to go to www.grinched.com move the magnifier around and find city hall, click on that and enter Whoville. You will be able to type in your name and find out what your "Whoville" name is. Today I am Cartoon Charlene Conga-loo-who.
I love the book "Oh the Thinks you can think" by Dr. Seuss. To encourage children to read I created this poem many years ago.
Oh the Thinks you can Think
when reading a book,
Think of the characters,
the setting, the scnook,
You can think of predictions if only you try.
Think up all types of questions that begin with the word Why.
You can think up a great summary and read many words,
Think about endings, the vowels and the verbs,
Think, Think, Think
then Believe in Yourself!
Now one, two, get ready
Grab that book from the shelf
Have fun and read a Dr. Seuss book today!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment