Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just thinking..

My mother has asked me if I wished I had completed my college education when I was younger. This conversation came up while discussing my current situation as a mother, employee and college student. I have given it some thought and have asked myself the very same question. Honestly, I am glad that I didn't rush into college. I wasn't prepared. I will forever be grateful for the life experiences I had in the business world. I had a really great time working and learned valuable lessons in this environment and I also made life-long friends. When I decided to explore a college education I believe by then that I was emotionally ready. However, I didn't know what I wanted to study or what kind of degree I should obtain. I just wanted to give college a try. I continued to work and go to school taking a variety of classes. I enrolled in Zoology 101 where I took a lab and I studied and worked on Cadavers. Some other courses included; Child Development, Psychology, Children's Sewing, Interior Decorating, Flat Pattern Design, Book of Mormon and business classes. It was during this time that a bank customer of mine, who was a ski instructor, introduced me to Fred. I decided to get married and become a mother. College would need to wait.

To everything there is a season. This is my season to go back to college. No regrets. My choices back then were good. I married the right person, at the right time and in the right place. If I had not been at Walker Bank I would not have gotten to know Bruce Allridge, who introduced me to Fred. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and we make a great team. We are both strong minded people, we make our fair share of mistakes. Many couples do. We love and respect each other and are trying to move forward with our lives and with our children. My perspective on life in general has changed and I believe it to be for the better. I have discovered that my brain needs a tune-up. So with one semester down and another starting this summer a new season begins for me. I will keep you posted as everything unfolds. Please be patient if I complain about school okay? I hope I will pass my math classes and I will learn to read and write with ease. (That would be helpful after all I am a reading teacher assistant!!) College may not be easy but you know what? I am really glad that I have smart children and an even smarter husband who is willing and can help me with homework!!

2 comments:

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

Congratulations! My mom graduated last summer after 20 years of being away from school. Good luck I'm sure you'll do great!

Kent and Wendy said...

Collage can be a challange when you still have kids at home. Good luck. So what is it that you are Studing?
Kent