Yesterday while teaching a kindergarten group I decided to bring out my "Troll" puppet. The students could not get across the bridge and past the Troll unless they could segment the sounds of certain words. I have the kids all lined up against the wall and I'm really getting into the troll act. Most of the kids were laughing and having so much fun but one poor little girl was nearly in tears. She wasn't having anything to do with that Troll. Oh I am a scary teacher.
Some interesting facts about Trolls: The race of Trolls began from the feet of the original being, a huge frost giant. The first trolls were giants also with six heads and six arms. When they died they turned into large boulders or hills. Trolls live in mountains or caves. If they are caught outside when the sun comes up they turn to stone. Trolls can be large or very little. They are usually ugly, and never very smart. Some are wicked and some are sweet and affectionate.
I have trolls that come to class every day. These trolls are very tiny indeed. They like to reside in small, dark, wet openings. They usually are green in color and liked to be picked at and chewed upon. These trolls are the most disgusting of them all and make any person who sees them want to vomit! It doesn't matter if they see the sun, they still continue to exist. I don't know why these Trolls persist on returning every season but they come no matter what. They enjoy being with other Trolls and the more the merrier. Today they were out to get me. I mean "out!" They were hanging out of the noses and being chewed on like a piece of candy. I've tried the exterminator Kleenex but even that is not strong enough.
Yuck. Anyone want my job?
2 comments:
Even as a nurse I have a very hard time with nasal discharge. And suctioning trachs...forget about it! I could not deal with other people's kids on a regular basis. I don't know how you do it.
Mmm! Nose trolls.
Post a Comment