Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kenzie's nose job


K had a run in with the dog kennel with a little help from her friend Mr. M. She was down on the floor talking to Limmie when Mr. M came from behind and jokingly tugged on her belt loop. This caused little K to jerk forward and upward and into the metal door located on the front of the dog cage. It doesn't look like much but women could compare this wound to cutting yourself or your skin off your shin while shaving. This nose job was the topic of many conversations.
On Sunday four wards in our stake became six. Half of our ward was affected. We have now been through 9 divisions in 21 years and haven't moved. I welcome the opportunity to finally get to know everyone in the ward. It has been difficult to put a name to a face with the constant influx of new families each month. Fred and I still work in the primary. He teaches the CTR 5 class and I'm doing Jr. Primary music. Last Sunday I was teaching the new song, I lived in Heaven. I had introduced the song last week and I wanted to polish up the first verse. I had to really be a step ahead of all the chatter. I would alternate who would sing what phrase and mix that up quite a bit with hardly any break in the music. I then stood at one end of the room and told the group that when I walked in front of their area that that would be their clue to start singing. This helped keep their eyes on me and worked pretty well. We then started to sing as many action songs as I could fit in. One of my favorites is to do Give said the little stream. This hint is for all of you primary choristers or will be's.......start by sitting down. On every word that begins with G, stand up and sit down. On every word that starts with S, clap your hands. You have two actions going at once. The little kids just try to follow the leader. When I left primary I was mentally and physically exhausted. I had my work out for the day....
It's going to be a great day and I hope you are blessed and remember to LAUGH TODAY!!!

2 comments:

Kallee and Duncan said...

Oh I miss primary

Birding is Fun! said...

Four wards in our area became five and the boundaries had major changes. We will be in a new ward and I may not be the primary chorister any more. I'm super sad. We'll just have to see if we get new callings this week ;(

I've been teaching "The Family is of God." It is a beautiful song and fun to sing. I posted my flip chart on sugardoodle.