I work Monday through Thursday and look forward to Thursday evenings. It is the beginning of my weekend. I mentally unwind and usually do nothing most of the time if I can get away with it because I know the rest of the weekend will be full of catching up with laundry, housework and now canning season. The family went to a soccer match with Limmi, by the way Nat I like your spelling better than mine, and she was full of it. I think that she has had too many wrestling matches with people and she starts to play rough which Fred does not like at all. Limmi went on lots of long walks and was just worn out by time the match was over. When we arrived at home I climbed into bed and turned on Monk which is a great TV series that I enjoy watching. I fell asleep and before I knew it a knock came at the door. It was Little K announcing that she couldn't sleep and didn't feel well. In my mind I am thinking , you are 17 you can take care of yourself!! I climbed out of bed and went looking for some meds for her and the clock said 10:50 pm! What? I felt that I had been sleeping all night long. I got Little K taken care of and climbed back into bed. Just when I had fallen asleep, I hear another knock at the door....Mom, I can't sleep and I don't feel good. By now I figured out that she thinks if she can't sleep that nobody should sleep either. I reassure her that she is alright and to try and go back to bed. A little while later I hear Fred get up. He is a lot like Grandpa Carlson and wakes up early in the morning. His internal alarm can go off at 2, 3, or even 4:00 am. Kendal expressed that he suffers from the same syndrome. Hmmm.... I tell myself, he was trying to be quiet. I tried to go back to sleep and guess that I finally dozed off only to woken up by the DOG!! After that I gave up, watched the news and then finally got out of bed.
By now one would think that the kids, husband and dog are trained! Not exactly true. A mother's job is never done. I chuckle when the married one's call home when they're sick and still want a little TLC from mom , from now on I will tell them as they tell me.....you have a husband remember?
Inside joke. Have a great Friday!!
2 comments:
Oh the joys of being the Mother (Mother Hen) Secretly I don't think you'd like it any other way Just my opinion. ha ha ha. Try to get some rest or at least hit a Sunday Nap to catch up this weekend. If you skip a few chores I wont tell on you. There's always another time and day to catch up on them.
i personally think you like to take care of me. especially when my hubby doesn't know what to do and either do I! oh.. and I did end up having to go to instacare for the massive ear infection and horrible virus that decided to invade my body at the same time.
Post a Comment