Sunday, September 7, 2008

Saturday


I married a wonderful guy. Who else on a Saturday morning will let me sleep in, pick the tomatoes, wash the tomatoes, gather all the canning supplies, get the water ready and by time I have woke up and have worked on a scrapcard project has the tomatoes already steamed, enlisted Blake's help and has half of the tomatoes chopped and cooking in the pot? Fred. What a man and how I appreciate him. He doesn't even complain about it. Why? Because Fred is a great man who loves to make salsa and my version of chili/taco/everything base and doesn't think it's woman's work that's why.


4 comments:

Kallee and Duncan said...

Hey I helped too!!! With my tomatoes...but it is true daddy is a great guy!

Birding is Fun! said...

Fred, you are such a stud. You've always been the "cool" uncle that took us shooting, horseback riding, snowmobile riding, to RC Willey for free hotdogs, and I still remember you taking us to the Provo Temple grounds.

Kent and Wendy said...

That looks like alot of serious salsa. My little garden only got enough tomatoes for a batch of fresh salsa that we made tonight. Kent helped me and chopped part of his finger/nail off. A little blood just blends in with the tomatoes right???

Chan N Michael said...

You do have a good guy! My husband cooks and cleans but neither of us knows how to garden and I couldn't get him to try without him trying to get me in the training process. Maybe your great guy can over and help start ours. ha ha. Just kidding Unc' Fred.