Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our dog is missing

Sad news for a Valentine Weekend. Limmie was in the garage with Fred and had her leash on. Fred let go of the leash for just a short time to finish some work. Usually she just goes and plays close by. When Fred noticed that she was gone he got on his bike and went looking all over for her. Our little neighbor boy even got on his bike to go looking. They couldn't find her anywhere. He walked up and down the secondary water canal. One of her favorite places to hide. He got up at four in the morning and looked again and there was no sign of her. We called the animal shelter and it is closed until Tuesday. Our neighbors that we have talked to haven't seen her. We think she may have been abducted. Needless to say even if she was a whiner and jumper, we miss her. We would love it if someone would return her. I have a huge sign in our front room window saying "Have you seen our beagle?" Our road has so many cars on it that I hope someone will see it. Not fun and hard lessons learned.

2 comments:

Dixie Packer said...

oh i'm sad to hear that. hope you are able to find her.

Rindy and Shane said...

Yea! She's back!! I would be so upset if one or both of our dogs got away from us. You should blog about how she came back! I want to hear the story!