This picture goes with the Summertime song below. Third Verse
pick and choose doors. Choose theme/pictures
last week and it was a great way to review Called to Serve. Sing soft to sing out

Windwands-- made using swivels from fishing gear. Glued bead onto dowel with ribbing cord.

Windwands-- made using swivels from fishing gear. Glued bead onto dowel with ribbing cord.
Used with Do As I'm doing or Fun to Do etc.
Rhythm Sticks. Lot's of fun.
Stop and Go. This is my preferred method.
Oh What Do you do in the summertime?
First Verse--kids put faces through. FUN!!
Second Verse
Third Verse--lost picture I'll try and re post it. Actually it is at the top..
This is my version of Singo Bingo. I used church clipart that could represent various primary songs. When we want to just sing I'll bring out singo bingo. I have a card for every child in our primary and I bring smarties to use as the markers. I have the children try and guess a song that will go with the pictures. I also make a back-up list to use.
Alphabet Choose. Lot's of variations. Choose a letter and a song title to go with the word, or choose a letter and a word from a song. Last week the classes played against the missionaries. We played rock, paper, scissors. Each class decided what sign they would use. Then one, two, three to see who won. If the class won they choose a letter and told the group one thing that missionaries do. If the classes didn't win, then the missionaries shared what they do. It was alot of fun. This could be adapted between children, or children and primary leaders. You could use a variety of themes or questions. We sang at least five songs between the game and questions.
Primary Trivia. Categories: Church History, Book of Mormon, Bible, Primary Made up questions to go with each group. Played alot like trivia and sang between questions.
another Pick and choose, Fun to DO
Musicalopoly
Sing out Pete is one of my favorites. It is played like Don't Eat Pete. On the bottom of each square is double-sticky tape. Place a skittle on each and hold poster carefully. Two children are chosen. One goes out of the room, the other comes to the front of the room and chooses a square that is "it". When the child comes back into the room they start to eat the skittles, when they get to the square that is it the group says; "Sing out Pete" we then sing a song. I use this alot to review. I have had several children who clear the whole board. I try and trick them sometimes and gasp when they get close to a certain square.Other Songs:
The Church of Jesus Christ - Stand or sit each time you sing the word "I" or "I'll"
Give Said the Little Stream - Stand or sit when you sing the word "give" - clap your hands on the word "stream"
Choose the Right - Turn to the right each time you sing the word "right"
Dare to Do Right - Stand or Sit each time you sing "Dare" or I have the word "Dare" printed up and whoever is holding a "dare" card stands up with the card each time we sing that word.


6 comments:
Some of those Primary aids were used when I was in primary! The "what do you do in the summertime" was my favorite!
How cute is that!
oh, i remember all those songs!!! being in the primary myself i really enjoyed all those pictures and ideas. i think i'll have to share some thoughts with our music leader. great stuff.
i put my head through those!!
Wow! Can you make duplicates of all those things and send them to me...Next Day Air works for me! (Just kiddin') That is pretty impressive stuff. I'm sure my collection will start to grow the longer I'm in the calling.
Wow Char - you must be a great Primary chorister! Thanks for sharing all those ideas with Robert!
Post a Comment