Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh my achin' feet

I would provide you with a picture of my feet as they look right now but it would be disqusting. Currently they are a purple-pink color with large red blisters in places that hurt. There is a fair amount of swelling at the ankles and my toe nails are not painted. Oh wait, I never paint my toe nails so who cares. What was I thinking? I went back to work today and decided not to wear socks (nylons) with my shoes. It was too hot was my rationale. And.......yes they are fairly new shoes that look great with my black capris. However after experiencing this discomfort I will not make that mistake again.

Today.....I think I mentioned that I'm back to work and that means that my summer vacation has ended. I am in a new space and I'm trying to get it reorganized. I moved from a portable into the school building and share an older classroom with three other reading teachers. I no longer have a real desk or a storage unit. I spent the day dejunking and putting teaching supplies on the shelves and make the area organized and functional.

Help me out blog world and send words of encouragement to stay the course and be healthy. I've been on a bike ride, eaten heathly so far and have drank lots of water. I'll try and report to you of my success along the way. Yes, Natalie I am using the blog to journal my weight loss efforts. My goal this week (from Diet Divas) eat more fruits and veggies! Happy DAY!

2 comments:

Sushi-Mama said...

I love reading your blog, Aunt Char! You are an inspiration. I hope you have air conditioning in your school. Our elementary school here is SO hot right now!
I am thinking of doing a "Biggest Loser" blog for the Nordfelt family. (We have the potential to lose a LOT of weight!!) I'll let you know when we get that started. We'd love to have you join in our fun and give us great ideas and suggestions. Keep going- YOU CAN DO IT!

Chan N Michael said...

Auntie Char just wanted to say Good luck with Getting Healthy. And also to scold you for leaving the house without your toenails dressed. Do I need to come over eac week and paint them for you? I would do it if you needed it. Also, you could try my nutritional approach. I don't eat red meat and I eat fruit and veggies all the time. Less meat more green. Fish is the better meat anyhow. And if your eating out do chicken but only eat half. if you order a drink besides water or juice let that be the dessert. (free refills!!!)